Sunday, April 08, 2007

L. and E.'s First Easter




I've got several posts that I've been working on, but I wanted to put some pictures of the girls' first Easter up for their grandparents and aunts and uncles. I included pictures of E. having her bow put in her hair-she's doing a new thing where she squinches her eyes closed when she smiles for the camera. The past couple of weeks, I've noticed that she's been pulling the bow or barrette we have to put in L.'s hair to keep it from getting in her eyes (and her oatmeal, for that matter). She then tries to put it in her own hair. It occurred to me that maybe she really wants to wear something in her hair. It's so crazy, but today, while she and L. engaged in their ritual of removing their own and one another's shoes and hair accessories, E. never tried to take her own bow out. If it makes her happy, we'll try it again. Notice the look of contentment on her face in the shot on the bottom, post-bow placement. I just picked the photos of L. (the top two)because I thought she looked so pretty.
We had a nice Easter, but I had a question for all of the mom's out there. Today, for the second Sunday in a row, we were paged out of church to come get E. from the nursery. Poor E. She had been crying since we left. Since she's always home with Rob and me, she's not used to being places alone without one of us and, starting about nine months, she has developed stranger anxiety. It took me five minutes to get her calmed down, but she started crying again whenever I made any move to even set her down to cuddle L. Eventually, I just had them page Robert and we went home early. I'd love any advice on making the transition easier for her or stories about how you made it through this phase with your kids. If you don't have children, I'd love to hear your opinions anyway. Happy Easter, everyone.



















6 comments:

jamie said...

They are such sweet girls. I love their Easter dresses & hairbows, too. Happy Easter!

Seasonal Learner said...

Ahhh. I love the bows. I am glad that Ellie really enjoys the bow aspect of being a girl. I can't believe how big they are getting already!!!!!!

sandyyeazel said...

I have such BEAUTIFUL grandchildren!! They are precious in their Easter outfits!!

Jennifer C said...

Wow, they're getting so big! They look so beautiful in their Easter dresses!!

Shannon Dove said...

Bellisima!

Don't worry too much about the separation anxiety - it will pass. kids seem to go bach and forth. Jonah is going through a "don't go, Mommy" phase right now, even though he was fine 2 months ago.

Shannon

Beth said...

They are so cute!

Do they have the same nursery workers each week? Christopher was afraid of the really old women who volunteered on Wed nights. He liked the same teacher, same room routine on Sundays.