Sunday, June 17, 2007

To The Best Daddy in theWorld

E and L love their DaDa a lot. They regard him as quite possibly the funniest human being who has ever lived. And I love Rob a lot, too. More people than I can count have said things like "oh, my goodness! How do you do it with twins?" The short answer is really, "Well, being married to Rob OurLastName is probably the only way I can imagine doing it." He has been the person who has made this past year one of the absolutely most fun of my life rather than the most stressful. Rob usually gets up with the babies first thing in the morning and gets them breakfast so I can sleep for a few minutes more and have time to get ready before he leaves for work. And more times than I can count, he has moved heaven and earth to be home at times when I need him to. One of the things I so appreciate about him is that he is so eager to be involved in L and E's lives; he knows their schedule as well as I do and I never worry about leaving them with him. Last year on both Mother's and Father's Day, our first, we didn't do much. Having four and then eight weeks old had something to do with that, I think. I was just so glad not to have to leave church early or cry all the way home that year because I wasn't sure I'd ever get the opportunity to be a mom- so, you know, that was really all I wanted. But this year we celebrated more. The girls "helped" me make breakfast in bed for Rob and we let him open his presents there. We had a gift from the three of us, and L gave him a copy of That's Not My Bear, while E had selected a copy of Horns to Tail and In Between, the Sandra Boynton classic. Here are pictures of the girls giving their Dad his gifts. Our usual no jumping on Mommy and Daddy's bed rule was suspended for the morning.


I think L looks like such a toddler in that second picture! The last shot is from earlier this week when Rob was playing "animal in the zoo" while working in the kitchen. I couldn't quite capture his elephant motions in the picture, but we've all been working on our elephant noises since that morning.

4 comments:

sandyyeazel said...

Happy Father's Day, Rob! The pictures are precious! You have Beautiful daughters!!
Grammy

Christy said...

Awwwwwww! Don't you love playing "animal in the zoo"? We do that around here some, too.

Leanne said...

What a great entry! You're right--the only way to have twins is to have a supportive husband! And, yes, both of your girls look so "toddler-ish" in those pictures, especially L! Isn't that wild--they grow too fast. Everyone says it, but I guess it is true...

trmills said...

It takes a special man to raise twins and still remember how to speak Arabic. How I wish we could have had all four of you on the elephant behind us in Chiang Mai, but I'm sure Daddy is a close second to the real thing. We missed you all this weekend, and the girls are beautiful and so BIG!!