Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tired Ramblings of a Newly Verbal Toddler

This afternoon, I was driving back from "kneehab," the knee physical therapy I have been undergoing since The Kitchen Incident wherein I slipped on one of the girls water projects and badly dislocated my knee. I haven't described it here, but I should also be considering counseling for the post-traumatic stress disorder that whole incident has caused me. On kneehab days, MiMi and Granddaddy watch the girls at there house and we eat lunch there and make it back to SmallTown around 1:30 and hence go down for afternoon naps about half and hour late. I know L and E are exhausted when we get home, but I wasn't sure how in tune they were with the fact they were so very tired until today. As we were driving down the highway, I saw some cows and, like a good mom pointed them out "Look girls, cows!" And E looked out of the car window, waved and, in the most weary voice you can imagine said "Moo, cows. Night Night." I just wanted to record it for posterity. Here they are before church a couple of Sundays ago, although L is the one who looks tired here and is, as she likes to do, is avoiding the flash by squinting:

2 comments:

Christy said...

If you were a REALLY good mom, you would have had some sort of recording device going at the time so we could all hear the adorableness. (All good moms should worry less about "safety" and learn to drive whilst pointing a video camera towards the back seat.)My question is, how in the world do you keep them awake on the ride home so they'll nap in their cribs?!

trmills said...

ooh, I love the polka dot dresses! And I would love any advice on keeping sleepy toddlers awake in the car, too. Seems so cruel to poke them:).