Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Quick (I Know! Atypical!) Update

When we were in my hometown a few weeks ago, Rob and I took the girls out to the Rose Garden in a local park. We have a lot of happy memories there and the girls are enjoying making dramatic sniffing sounds every time they see a flower, whether in real life or in a book, so it seemed like the sort of place where they would have a good time. E was more amenable to the picture taking that day, so I've included a few more of her here; being busy climbing up and down stairs without parental support is difficult work and L could not be bothered to sit still for long periods of time required for photography.
I still have pictures I've been meaning to post from their second birthday party, so let's hope I'm able to get those up before they turn three.

This is a sweet picture of E hugging L. Sometimes they are kind to each other like this. Which makes up for the time they are rolling around the living room floor attempting to bite on another like crazed wolverines. They must have learned that from Rob. But in our family, love DOES mean having to say you're sorry and give hugs when you have injured someone else, whether on purpose or accidentally:

L or (Lah-When as she is sometimes called) is in the blue and E (or Elh-We)is in the melon.








12 comments:

Brea said...

Aw, Elh-we matches the roses! They both look beautiful!

Christy said...

How old they look! And so very lovely. I miss your little sweeties.

jamie said...

I agree with Brea...your girls are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Cute little girls.

Little Oak Table said...

I LOVE the pictures! They are dolls! Those curls are super cute! It is fun to see your hair in the shorter, blonde version :).

Leanne said...

LOVE the pictures!!!! Your girls are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

So Cute! Trav said they would fit in at the Casa! :) I was laughing out loud picturing them rolling around on the floor trying to bite each other. I guess that is the benefit of having two girls of different ages. "Annika stop biting Olivia. Olivia don't you dare bite her back!" (we have moved on from this- now it is tug of war over toys they both claim to be their own. I calmly remind them that actually all the toys belong to God and he is just loaning them to us. How can you argue with that?)

ErinM said...

I know I get to see your pictures, but I still can't get over them looking like little girls instead of like babies. They are so pretty. It looks like it was a wonderful time!

trmills said...

They're so beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures!

Jenni said...

Such gorgeous, beautiful little ladies!!! We can't wait to play with them again...soon!!!!

Jenni said...

Okay, I love your girls and all, but WHERE ARE THE PICS OF YOUR EYE PATCHES. I need a visual RIGHT NOW!

Charlie Curran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.