Tuesday, February 13, 2007

E. and L.

I haven't blogged in so long, so these pictures are from October, when the girls were just six months old. It's crazy how small they look to me after just three months! E. is the one sleeping and L. is the one who is a little curly headed after her bath. The primary reason that I've been away so long is that I've been deluged by e-mails from friends from Oklahoma protesting my last post. No really, the reason I've been away is thank you notes. I had around 300 total to write over the course of the last year. I didn't do it while I was on bed rest, because I was on a dose of Brethine that made my hands shake and it looked illegible, like a 115 year old or three year writing. The first few months of having twins didn't turn out to be as conducive to writing notes as I had naively imagined. And I began to feel guilty (justifiably so, I think). My mom was of the opinion that I should just write two or three lines- "Dear _____, Thanks for the _____. I love it. Hope you're well. Love, Emily" I have a hard time doing that though. So many people took time out of their schedule and spent hard earned money to buy and send me and my daughters gifts and I am so overwhelmed and humbled by all the love that people have showered our family with. As a result, I want to send well thought out and heartfelt thank you notes to each person who made time and effort for me, especially as so many of you were so faithful to call and encourage me and pray for us while I was on bed rest . Anyway, I am finally done (much to my mom's relief). If you haven't already received it, it could be your thank you note is in the mail. Anyway, now that I have devoted the time I wanted to that task, I am committed to staying more up to date with my blogging.


4 comments:

jamie said...

They are such sweet girls!

sandyyeazel said...

They are Soo beautiful!!
Grammy

Brea said...

Hey, Emily-

I'm glad you're back online! I was delighted to receive your birth announcement and thank you note today. Thanks for taking the time to write such a sincere and heartfelt note. I had a few thank you notes to write myself and since we were busy moving and settling in right before B was born, it took me until a few months after he was born to complete them. Getting them done was a good feeling!

Brea

Jennifer C said...

Glad to see some more pics of the girls...They are so precious!

We got your thank-you note, and I have to say it was one of the best thank-you notes I've ever gotten! Their birth announcements were wonderful!!