Sunday, November 04, 2007

Our Second Halloween

When I first heard that November was NaBloPoMo, when bloggers attempted to post every day of the month, I had a hearty laugh at the idea of trying to participate. Obviously, there are some bloggers who are either not raising twin eighteen month olds or who are able to type using more than just their index and middle fingers. Plus, I tend to be an overly wordy blogger, so I felt exhausted just thinking about it. But I did decide that I would make the effort to blog every three to four days during November. There are a lot of things that I’ve been meaning to post about and it will give me the push I need to sit down and write.

But first, here are the E. and L.’s Halloween pictures. Although we were all sick, we went up to the university where Rob teaches where they host trick or treating each year for faculty kids. Typically, L. hates to have things around her neck or on her head, so I was a little concerned about how well the costume situation was going to go over with her. As you can see, it was a little touchy there at the beginning.


(E. was not one hundred percent comfortable in the beginning either).

Once she saw E. in her costume, though, she got more comfortable. Apparently, she thought E. looked pretty cute and reasoned that she must look good as well. These pictures were taken at the entrance to the building where Rob’s office is. He took the candy that the girls got and said he was saving it to “give to the girls when they are older,” but I have no seen any evidence of that candy, even in his normal secret candy hiding places in his closet.
The tiny giraffes climbing the stairs.
L., finally happy in her giraffe suit.
E., excited to be allowed to climb stairs without parental intervention.

7 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

i'm still laughing about your previous post! what are do all those initials stand for at the first of your post? those are the cutest giraffes i've seen!!!

Anonymous said...

I sympathsize with L. They both are very cute giraffes:)

Christi said...

Cutest Halloween costumes EVER!

Sarah said...

I was watching the news Halloween night and told Nate, "I think I just saw Rob carrying a baby giraffe." Now I know for sure I saw him. When are we going to see you?

ErinM said...

Those are the cutest giraffes that I have ever seen in my life, without question.

Christy said...

Man, it didn't occur to me to take Andrew out to score candy for when he was older! Opportunity down the toilet ...

Beautiful girls ... give them kisses from Aunt Christy!

Leanne said...

Those are the cutest giraffes I've ever seen!